Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Summer Fun Part 2

JULY....  July here was H.O.T.!!!!  That made me very unnerved, I was running out of ideas for my kiddos!  We have pools set up in the back yard but by lunch time it was just dangerously hot for them to even be in the pools!  So that led to LOTS of TV for us,  I am sad to say, but that is what we did for most of the afternoons in July.  Anyway I was able to connect with my inner artist and found some great art projects for my kids.  We painted rocks and made our own water color paints.   We also did some baking, and some cleaning and organizing too.  I know so fun right?!!

Little N painting one of his rocks

Working so hard to get that yellow paint on there!  

Big E working on painting one of his rocks green.  

I think he was making a turtle.

We made homemade water colors, this is Little N testing them out.

Big E trying to not smile for the camera, but I caught him!


In the middle of July we took a little day trip to Legoland, it was Star Wars Weekend!  My boys were in heaven!  Note to self about future trips...ALWAYS make sure you bring extra batteries for the camera!  YUP, they died before we got any pictures of the Star Wars characters!  Here are the pictures we did get:  





Since the boys got to go to Legoland they took mommy to IKEA!  AHHHH heaven!  Unfortunately no pictures to prove that I actually got to go!  :)

July also brought Nana and Papa to town (finally!), my boys had not seen them since Thanksgiving.  They were super excited to have them here for a few weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment