Monday, May 31, 2010

Its Summer Schedule Time!!!

Its now time for me to come up with a workable schedule for summer. The 5 year old finished preschool this past Thursday, and its officially "summer"!! I have given a lot of consideration to what we would like to do and accomplish this summer. So with that in mind I have worked up this schedule to keep everybody in our house happy and active all summer long. The Schedule is as follows:

6:15-6:30 Mommy and Daddy get up, Daddy gets ready for work, Mommy does her devotions/ prayer time
7:00 Mommy get herself ready for the day
7:30-7:45 Daddy leaves for work, the boys get up, and get dressed
8:00 Breakfast
8:30 Brush teeth, comb hair and do morning chores
9:00 Morning activity/ Bible story time
9:45 Morning Snack
10:00 Boys play time
10:30 Structured Activity
11:30 Lunch
12:00- 2:30 2 year old's nap time
12:00-1:00 5 year old and mommy work on folder activities
1:00-2:00 Mommy Computer time/ 5 year old Movie time
2:00-2:30 5 year old reads books and coloring time
2:30-3:00 Afternoon snack
3:00 Afternoon activity---- Pool time, out side play, park, etc.
4:30 clean up and prepare for dinner
5:15 Daddy gets home from work, Mommy finishes up dinner
5:45 Dinner
6:15 Evening chores
6:45 Family Play time (either outside or inside)
7:30 Clean up the house time
7:45 Bath time for the boys, brush teeth, comb hair
8:15 Family book reading time/ Bible story/ prayers
8:45 Bed time for the boys
9:00-11:00 Mommy and daddy time
11:00 Bedtime for mommy and daddy

My hope with this schedule is that it will keep the boredom down and the fun times coming all summer long!!

Some ideas that I have for morning activities are: play dough, crafts, baking cookies, and painting, most of these can be done either inside or outside. I have also made some cool little buckets that I have placed these activities in on pieces of paper. So when it comes time to do these we can draw them out of the bucket and hopefully it will be even more fun for the 5 year old, knowing that he helped choose that activity.

My afternoon activities will consist of going to the pool, to the park, playing outside at our house, riding bikes, or going for a walk. I also have these, and a lot more, in another bucket to choose from.

During the school year, my 5 year old only attended preschool 3 days a week, but it was a 5 day program. So his teacher would send home the papers that he missed. Since I didn't get to most of them, I have saved them in hopes of "some day" completing them with him. This summer is the time that I am planning on doing that. I have compiled them into a folder and in the afternoons while the 2 year old is napping the five year old and I will be doing some of those papers. There are so many that it should keep us busy all summer!

Isaiah 26:4
Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment