Friday, December 16, 2011

Eight Days... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!???

I can not believe that Christmas is only 8 days away!!  REALLY!!???   I have realized how slow I have been this year at getting the "regular" Christmas things done.  First is the decorations...since we were out of town the weekend after Thanksgiving (which is the normal time we put up our decorations) they didn't get done until the weekend after.  Even then all I really felt like doing was putting up the tree, all of my other decorations pretty much stayed in their storage bins.  Then I realized that we needed to get our stockings out, so that prompted me to get out a few other decorations, not many though!  As for the outside lights and decorations, they are not going to make an appearance this year!

Next was the Christmas cookies, which I also normally do the first week in December.  I finally got some baked the second week in December and then just had to make some more for a cookie exchange today at my MOPS meeting!

We also buy the kids ornaments every year, this year we were a little late in getting those (as in we just went tonight and got them!).  Of course they didn't' have the ones our kids wanted and the ones they did want were CRAZY expensive!!  So they decided they wanted to share one this year, we will see how that goes over in the future!  We did find a cute one for Baby Z though.

Then there is the buying and wrapping of the gifts!  The shopping we did get done with the first weekend in December but I still haven't' started wrapping anything!!  8 days, REALLY!!???    I think I better get a move on it!!  I also still need to do a deep cleaning on my house because of people coming over for Christmas Day!!

So not only do we have Christmas stuff to get done we also have a birthday on January 1st to get ready for!  I feel so sorry for my poor Little N because every year I tend to "forget" its his birthday, because of all the hoopla that goes with Christmas.  I usually end up pulling together a "party" during the 5 days between December 26th and December 31st.  This year we do actually have his present bought and we think we know what kind of party he wants.

To finish this up, I think I am finally ready for Christmas, well at least when the presents are wrapped!  That will hopefully be a tonight and this weekend thing.  I will feel so much better once all of that is finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment