Friday, December 23, 2011

Living Frugally in 2012

Recently I have been burdened with the feeling of being wasteful.  Last year my husband and I decided to try and "live like our grandparents" meaning, not to be wasteful in our living.  We changed to cloth napkins, cloth diapers, reusable sandwich bags, and tupperware containers instead of plastic bags.  I feel like that went really well this year.  So why not take it a step further in 2012!?

If you have followed my blog you have seen some projects that I have been working, like the cloth wipes and making our own laundry soap.  Those are just some of the ways we are making changes in our daily life.  Today I stumbled upon a blog called Frugally Sustainable.  She is issuing a 23 day challenge to live frugally.  I took the pledge, and you can as well.  I will link to her blog where you can sign up along side over 500 others from around the world!!  This is so exciting for me because this is close to my heart to not just live frugally for the sake of saving money but also to be responsible in taking care of our world that God has blessed us with!

For this year my goal is to make as many cleaning products as I can to save some money and not have the toxins brought into my house.  I also plan to reuse as much as I can and not be wasteful.

No comments:

Post a Comment