Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Preschooler, Toddlers and Homeschooling, OH MY!!

That is what I feel like lately!  Oh my goodness there have been some rough days around our house!  Dealing with two straight weeks of sickness, and then stress, and then rainy weather, its enough to make this momma go batty!

To start out the baby was sick, then I got sick and then the older boys got sick!  That lasted a total of TWO weeks!!  Then we had a week of all of all of us feeling better and now the baby is sick AGAIN!!  Then we had about two weeks of cool, and rainy weather, then it warmed up (which is possibly why we had all the sickness), and now its warming up again but also a bit rainy.  OK enough of my little rants about sickness!

What have we been up to... well lets see, since the baby has stopped napping in the morning that leaves us with a new challenge in our schooling.  I am having to find things to keep him busy while we "try" to focus on some education!  This is not easy for a very active little boy!!  He gets into everything and if he is bored he starts to cry.  (But as I am writing this he is very quietly sitting and playing with a toy, go figure!)  Anyway, although it is nice that he takes a good nap in the afternoon, I kinda liked that morning nap as well.

 I have been scouring the internet looking for ideas to keep a little toddler busy, but since he is still so young (only 14 months), its hard to find age appropriate things.  I have found some great ideas though, that hopefully given the next few months of training he will be able to do.  Like putting pipe cleaning through a colander, using crayons to color, bean scooping, and other things like that.  I also found a great recipe for edible finger paint, I can not wait to try that!!  Yesterday I was reading another blog, Sprittibee, that was touching on this very topic!  She had a TON of fantastic ideas that I look forward to trying.  She also links to a ton of other bloggers who also have a bazillion ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment