Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Suffering Through Trials

Yesterday was an all out pity party kinda day!  Through out the entire day I felt stressed and down because of things that I couldn't do.  I was really tired and didn't feel like making lunch for my kiddos, we needed to run errands anyway and I thought it would be just as easy to hit the drive thru.  Unfortunately our budget doesn't allow for those spontaneous trips to the drive thru.  That got me thinking about how our summer was so blah!  I wasn't able to do things with my kids that I normally would get to, like take them to the zoo or the pool.  

Then last night we began a new small group in our new church, we went for the first meeting and we were the only ones that brought our kids!  Everyone else had babysitters or something.  We unfortunately do not have a babysitter nor can we afford a babysitter!  UGGHHH!!  

Then today I was reminded about Paul in prison writing to the church at Colossae, he is rejoicing in his suffering!  WOW!  Talk about perspective!  I know that my family has much more than most of the world, for that I am so grateful and feel so blessed!  I feel blessed that I can freely homeschool my children, I can freely worship my God without fear of persecution, unlike the Christians back in the day!  So after all of that pity-ness yesterday, I am feeling refreshed today, with a whole new perspective!

Yes I am still frustrated with our financial situation, and yes I am still frustrated at not being able to go and do things with my children that they are asking to do.  BUT I am so blessed to know that this is not the end and that I have so many blessings in my life!  

Colossians 1:24
Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in Christ's afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church

Colossians 1:27
To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

James 1:2-4
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.  And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete in nothing.

1 Peter 4:12-13
Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.  But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment