Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Never leave a mom behind!!

Something recently has been brought to my attention... there are moms all around that are hurting and feeling lonely!  Its not just me!!  I am so comforted to know that I am not the only mom out there that is struggling to find her way.  The life of a mom is so isolating sometimes.  There are someday, more so lately, that I stay in  my pj's and never leave the house!  That can, at times, be a nice change of pace, but more than one of those days can be very lonely.  I know with the winter months fast approaching, there will be a lot of inside days, and a lot of stir crazy children.  My goal is to find ways to combat the crazies before they happen.  

One thing that I feel will make this winter different and fun, is to have lots of mommy-dates, or you could call them play dates.  We all know what play dates are really for the mommies, right!?  I think if I can implement a  routine of weekly or biweekly play dates, that would really help, not just me but other moms as well.  What a great way to get through the tough winter ahead!!  

Back to the lonely and hurting mommies out there...I was brought aware that even the happiest of women could be totally dyeing inside!  I personally do not want that to be any of my friends, because I have been there!  I have been in the place where you are so discouraged and feel like no one cares.  If I can be that one person to come along side another mom and be their encourager what a blessing that could be!  I have been sitting at my house and just waiting for the phone to ring, wishing someone would call and invite me over to visit!  Well I have recently just thought, why am I not that person to call someone up and ask them to come over!  I tend to fall into the rut of just waiting for someone else to do the inviting, I need to be the one to invite and encourage!  

My prayer now is that I could just be that person to encourage another mom, or even a young married woman.  How much I would have loved to have had someone take that interest in me and come along side me when I was newly married, or a new mom.  

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.

Romans 1:12
...that we may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith

No comments:

Post a Comment