Tuesday, August 11, 2009

As summer comes to an end...

It is now the middle of August and we are getting ready for preschool to start. I know some mothers would feel sad, but for me this is a wonderful time! I love having my 4 year old (almost 5 year old!) home but this has been a long summer. He is really ready for school to start. I can never seem to keep him interested in any project that we do or in any toys that we have. I sometimes wonder what to do just to keep him so he does not destroy the house or his little brother. The little brother is learning quickly how to defend himself and that has added a lot more stress to my day. The 19 month old has recently learned to hit and get a reaction so that is mostly what he does all day to his older brother. The 4 year old takes it pretty well and does not get upset but just comes and tells on him every time he gets hit.

I will admit that I have been really preoccupied lately. My parents are getting ready for an auction of most of their things. So being the wonderful good daughter that I am I have been helping my mom pack boxes. We also are going to be moving in the next few months (into their house!) so I also have to start packing my own house. I keep thinking about doing it but never seem to get around to it. We are gearing up for a garage sale next month so I have been clearing things out and getting that ready. I guess that is doing something.

We are also trying to get things fixed and ready at our house so we can put it on the market. While doing that we are getting things for the new house as we have the money. I think maybe we are trying to do too much at one time. BUT I want to be ready to move before spring time so we can be in the new house for summer!

We are praying for a nice transition to the new house and that ours would sell quickly. We are really torn as to when to place it on the market because we would like to be moved out before we try to sell it. BUT with the housing market the way it is, we might need to do that sooner. We just don't want to be sitting with an empty house that we are paying for. God's timing is always perfect and we know He will lead us!

Back to the school issue.... with the 4 year old (soon to be 5 year old!) I am wondering what to do with the toddler. Not that I don't know what to do but I would like to get him to some sort of music class or swimming or something along those lines. The 4 year old will be in school all day on Tuesday and Thursdays and half day Wednesdays. I will have Bible study on Tuesdays and so I think just one day a week for a class for the toddler would be perfect. Let me know if anyone has any ideas of something that a 19 month old would enjoy. I think a swimming class would be good for him because he hasn't been too fond of the water and this summer hasn't been too good for going swimming.

I would like to leave you with these verses from the Bible: Psalm 8:1-5,9
O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. Out of the mouth of babies and infants, you have established strength because of your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger. When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him? Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor...O Lord, our Lord how majestic is your name in all the earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment